Preparing for IBPS PO Exam 2019: IBPS Bank is going to tell about the tips for preparing the PO. Below are the important subject wise suggestions for the preparation of Bank PO.
The Institute of Banking Personnel conducts the IBPS PO Exam for the post of Selection Probationary Officers. More than 8 lakh candidates apply for this examination every year. The IBPS PO exam is held to be a prestigious exam for those candidates who aim to join the banking sector.
Preparation of IBPS Bank PO
The exam will be managed in 3 stages: Preliminary, Main and Interview. The candidates are selected after the final interview process and have the opportunity to work in a public sector bank as a probationary officer. This year 4336 posts are vacant across the country.
The IBPS exam is scheduled on 12,13,19 and 20 October 2019, while the main exam is scheduled to be held on 30 November 2019. Interviews will be conducted in January / February.
At present, the candidates have enough time to prepare for this exam. To start their preparation, candidates should know the exact pattern of both the phases and important topics/syllabus of all the subjects.
Preparation of IBPS Bank PO: Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, and English Language will be asked in both Prelims and Main Exam while General Awareness will be asked only in Main Phase. The prelims exam is to be passed in nature.
The final section is based on the main exam score and interview which is in the ratio of 80:20. So, candidates are required to start preparing for both the stages simultaneously as the candidates do not get more than 6 weeks between the preparation for the preliminary examination and the main examination.
- Clear your basic concepts of important topics.
- Practice quizzes on a daily basis.
- Most questions are asked from data interpretation, so pay special attention to this topic during preparation.
- Modify small moves regularly and try sectional tests to increase your performance.
- Learn all the calculated short cuts such as squares, cubes, percentage values, etc.
- You need to practice a lot to master this subject.
- Practice the puzzle and the seating arrangement as much as you can because a huge part of the exam covers these topics.
- Try quizzes and sections daily to increase speed and accuracy.
- Learn the ranks of alphabets and increase your ability on other important topics such as coding-decoding, inequality, sociology, and other new pattern questions.
- This is the topic that can boost your overall score.
- Read the editorial daily. This will help you in better understanding of the subject.
- Learn grammar rules and try and revise them by attempting quizzes.
- Do not forget to prepare for the definitive exam as this subject will help you score 20+ out of 25.
- Keep in mind the new pattern questions asked in all the recent banking exams.
- General awareness cannot be completed in a week or a month. You have to prepare it daily by reading current affairs. Also, revise GK and current affairs on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Select daily quizzes to check your knowledge.
- The GA exam also has a scoring section.
Tips for preparing IBPS Bank PO
Along with practicing individual subjects and subjects, mock tests should also be given equal importance. Mock tests give you a real-time rank similar to a real test.
Also Read: Haryana HARCO Bank Recruitment 2019
This will give you an idea of overall pressure and help you identify weak areas in all disciplines. To crack the IBSP PO exam in the first attempt, candidates need to do their preparation well.
Finally, candidates should remember that there is a negative marking of 1 / 4th in both the preliminary and main examination. Also, IBPS PO is a sectional and overall cut-off for both the Preliminary and Main Examination.
In the end, Work hard so you have to keep trying and revising all the subjects along with attempting the mock test so that you succeed after the exam.